Having stretch marks is a skin condition that is harmless, but it pesters many people, especially women, because it appears unsightly on the skin. Pregnancy is a common cause for having these annoying marks, but other factors also contribute to acquiring it. Sudden change in the body mass of a person can also induce its appearance. Thus, body builders and adolescents who have sudden changes in their muscles could also be victims of the said marks. With this said, it is clear that not only women, but also men, are having problems regarding the muscle tear marks on their skin. Even though the condition is not dangerous, many people seek solution on how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs since they do not feel comfortable showing their skin with those marks.
How to Get Rid Of It: Facts about the Unsightly Marks
Stretch marks, or medically termed as striae, are scars on the dermis layer of the skin that are formed due to stretching much more than your skin can handle. The skin is composed of three main layers where the outer layer is called epidermis, the middle layer is called dermis, and the deepest layer is called hypodermic or subcutaneous. Pregnancy, body growth, rapid weight changes, and long-term steroid use can cause the collagen and elastin fibers on the dermis to snap that results to scarring. As a result, the epidermis appears to have scratches commonly called as stretch marks. It mainly appears on thighs, waist, hips, breasts, arms, buttocks, and lower back area. Always keep these areas moisturized and hydrated to keep the tissues in the middle layer supple. This way, it will be able to withstand the stretching without leaving scars.
Genetic make-up can influence the probability of having those scars. If your parents have it, it is very likely for you to have them too. If you happen to get them, do not feel depressed and inferior just because you fall victim to having these skin indentations because there are proven ways of making it less noticeable. Aside from the home remedies that you can make, the advancement in the technological field paved way to invention of creams and moisturizers that will help you deal with the dermis scar problem.
Proven Home Remedies for Getting Rid Of Stretch Marks
Women mostly want to know on how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs because it is very evident when wearing swimsuits. The thigh areas commonly have the scars even if a woman has not been pregnant yet. Do not despair if you are one of those many women who have it because you can try the different natural ways that could lighten up those marks.
• Sugar has long been known as a natural skin exfoliant that could be used as a remedy to stretch marks. Mix some lemon juice and almond oil to a table spoon of sugar and apply it directly to the affected areas every day for about 10 minutes before taking a shower.
• Aloe vera has soothing and healing properties because it contains active compounds and essential nutrients that are good for the skin. Either you can apply aloe vera gel directly to your skin with stretch marks, or you can make a mixture of aloe vera oil and the oils from five capsules of Vitamin A and ten capsules of Vitamin E to rub on your skin until fully absorbed.
• Egg whites are very effective in getting rid of dermis scars because of the amino acids and proteins that it contains. Separate the egg whites of two eggs from its yolks and whip it. Wash the area with stretch marks and apply the egg whites until it form a thick layer. Wait for it to completely dry before washing with cold water. Finally, moisturize the skin with some olive oil for best results.
Other Treatments for the Dermis Scars
While home remedies are natural ways proven to reduce stretch marks, some people find these too time consuming and inconvenient for them. The 10 minutes or more of waiting for the remedies to be absorbed by the skin before washing is a bit too much for working people. Because of this, they seek for ready-to-apply-no-hassle products that were manufactured by different companies for the same purpose. Fortunately, creams and moisturizers that are meant to make stretch marks disappear are available in the market.
• Use high quality moisturizers and creams on the skin that have indentations. Pick a product that contains cocoa butter, shea butter, Vitamin E, and Vitamin A. These helps keep your skin moisturized and supple preventing it from breaking and it also help in encouraging the formation of new tissues in the gaps formed by the stretch middle layer of the skin. A quick search in the Amazon site will lead you to different products that contain the essential nutrients in keeping your skin hydrated. For less than a hundred dollars, you can already buy creams that you can apply right after bath without the need to wait for it to dry. What is more, you can put on your clothes right after applying it because you do not have to wash it.
• On the other hand, light and laser therapy is another option for stubborn dermis scars. Dermatologists usually use light therapy for white marks where it stimulates the epidermis to create more melanin to make the affected area dark and appear as with the same color as the rest of the skin. Laser therapy is used for purple or red colored skin indentations that gets rid of the scar tissues and encourages the production of collagen in the skin.
It is evident that many ways are available on how to get rid of stretch marks on thighs, but keep in mind that it is a long process and cannot yield positive results overnight. You may use natural home remedies or buy moisturizing creams. As cliché as it may seem, the saying “prevention is always better than cure” is true, so do not wait for stretch marks to show before doing something. Keep your skin moisturized as much as possible before the scars appear.